Posted June 17, 2013
When Ryan asked me to make him some game day snacks for the Seahawks game last week, I had not been to the store yet so I did not have much to work with. What I did have was one jalapeno, wonton wrappers and some cream cheese. What I ended up with were little bites of cream cheese bliss.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese filled Wontons Recipe
Crispy fried wontons stuffed with a spicy jalapeno cream cheese.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeno, diced. (You can also remove the seeds inside if you would like to cut down on the heat a bit)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Little bowl of water for sealing wonton wrappers
- Canola oil for frying
- Preheat Canola oil in 2 qt pot. You will want about an inch of oil in the pot.
- Mix cream cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, white pepper and salt in a small bowl
- Lay wonton wrapper on a flat surface. Place 1/2 teaspoon of filling into the center of the wonton. Use your finger to wet the sides of the wrapper. Then carefully pull opposite sides together to make a pointed top. Be sure to seal all sides, you don't want any of the cream cheese coming out while you are frying them.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the wontons carefully. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with plum sauce (you can find this in the Asian food aisle of your local grocery store).