Posted May 13, 2013
While I was growing up a grilled cheese sandwich was always my idea of the perfect lunch comfort food. As I got older that didn’t really change, I still enjoy a good grilled cheese every once in a while. I have given it a little twist here, instead of the traditional cheddar only, I have added 3 other cheeses and some pepperoncini peppers. Served along side hot tomato soup and I feel like a kid again.
Yummy Cheesy Goodness- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
3 different cheeses and sliced pepperoncini give a kick to traditional grilled cheese.
- 4 Slices of Sourdough Bread
- Garlic Salt
- 4 slices of Cheddar
- 2 slices of Havarti cheese
- 2 slices of Guyere Cheese
- 2 slices of Pepperjack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced pepperoncini
- Butter 1 side of each slice of sourdough bread and sprinkle with garlic salt
- Flip the bread over and layer 1 slice of Cheddar, Pepperjack, pepper rings, Guyere, Harvarti and another slice of cheddar.
- Heat a shallow pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook on one side until the cheese starts to melt, then flip over. Each side should be golden brown and the cheese on the inside should be melted before serving.
How easy is that? And trust me it is so good! Be sure to have some tomato soup handy. Enjoy!