Posted May 13, 2013
Welcome to day four of Super Bowl Snack week. Jalapeno poppers are a classic super bowl snack, whether they are baked or fried. Recently it has been common to wrap bacon around cream cheese stuffed jalapenos. With this recipe, I decided to mix it up a little bit and mix crispy bacon with cream cheese and a little goat cheese before stuffing and baking the jalapenos. The result is a spicy, creamy bite with just a little bit of crunch. Yum!
Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, goat cheese and bacon. The perfect addition to your Super Bowl party.
- 5 large jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed (Note: you want to create a shell for the cheese and bacon mixture)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown bacon, strain on paper towel and set aside.
- Bake empty jalapeno skins for 6-8 minutes until they are slightly softened.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, bacon pieces and goat cheese crumbles. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Fill each jalapeno with about 2 tablespoons of the mixture. It is okay if they appear a little over stuffed, you get cheesier bites that way.
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn on the broiler and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese turns slightly golden brown. Serve.
For those of you that aren't fans of spicy food, yes, these can be a little spicy, but by removing the ribs and seeds from the jalapenos you also remove the majority of the hotness so don't be afraid to give them a try. Enjoy!