Posted May 13, 2013
Who doesn’t love a bite of creamy, garlicky mashed potatoes? I certainly do. In this simple roasted garlic mashed red potatoes recipe, red potatoes are boiled until soft and then mashed together with freshly roasted garlic, half and half and butter. A delicious, comforting side dish perfect for any occasion.
With Valentine’s day coming up these would make the perfect side dish to serve with Peppercorn Crusted Top Sirlon with Mushroom Cream Sauce or Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Flank Steak . Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
Sweet roasted garlic, cream and red potatoes mashed to perfection.
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 lb red potatoes, cleaned, scrubbed and cut into quarters (Note: You can peel them, but I prefer not to, I think they look prettier that way)
- 1 bulb roasted garlic (recipe follows), skin removed
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the top of the bulb of garlic to expose the cloves beneath, but do not peel the garlic, you want to roast it in the skin. Place clove on a piece of aluminum foil, place butter on top, pour lemon juice over the garlic and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bring up all sides of aluminum foil and twist together to close. Cook for 60 minutes or until garlic cloves are soft and golden in color.
- In large pot of water, boil the potatoes until a fork can be inserted and removed easily from the potatoes. About 10 minutes. Strain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot add roasted garlic, half and half, butter and salt and pepper. Mash until potatoes are your desired consistency.