Posted May 13, 2013
These zucchini cakes make an elegant appetizer fit for those upcoming Oscar parties. Shredded fresh zucchini, is mixed with a little Parmesan, panko, paprika, garlic and a hint of ground nutmeg. The mixture is then pressed into patties and pan fried in olive oil until they are golden brown.
Zucchini Cakes Recipe
Fresh zucchini, cheese, and spices blended together and fried until golden.
Makes: 8 Cakes
- 1 large zucchni grated, excess water removed (Note: To do this, after you grate the zucchini, put the grated zucchini into paper towels and squeeze to release the water)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon (Note: If you add too much it can quickly take over the taste, less is more)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a heaping tablespoon form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side. Serve.
These are great when served with a dollop of ranch dressing. Enjoy!