Posted May 13, 2013
Now I am not in any way Irish, but growing up my mom would always do something to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. We’d have green eggs and ham and she’d always add green food coloring to the milk and tell us that the Leprechaun came to visit. Now that I am older and no longer live at home, we don’t really do anything like that but with St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaching, I thought I would make a dessert for the occasion. In an effort to avoid eating all of what I made, I figured that I should probably make something that was easy to give away so I decided to make some cupcakes. When trying to determine what flavor to make I thought to myself “I love a hot cup of coffee with a splash of Irish cream so why not make that into a dessert?” The results were delicious.
Irish Cream Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting Recipe
Moist Irish Cream Cupcakes topped with sweet coffee frosting.
- 1 package super moist yellow cake
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Irish cream (you can use any brand)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together cake and pudding mix. Whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth. Mixture will be somewhat thick.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners. Fill liners 2/3 full of cupcake mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter with a hand held mixer. Continue beating as you gradually add in the powdered sugar. Add in the milk and coffee until frosting is stiff but spreadable