Posted June 17, 2013
A good cucumber salad is always a refreshing side dish. My mom used to make one while I was growing up with tomatoes, onions and Italian dressing, and it was one of my favorite summertime snacks. I happened to have a cucumber in the fridge the other day when I was making my Andouille and Shrimp Fried Rice and decided to make a cucumber salad, only I wanted to put an Asian twist to it. To do that I made a quick vinaigrette with sweet Thai chili sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar and poured that over thinly sliced cucumbers and onions. With the cool crunch of the cucumber and tangy dressing this salad was both refreshing and delicious.
Cucumber Salad with Sweet Thai Chili Vinaigrette Recipe
A refreshingly cool cucumber salad with a tangy Thai chili dressing.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl whisk together rice vinegar, sweet Thai chili sauce, sesame oil, sugar, granulated garlic and salt.
- Place sliced cucumber and onion in another bowl. Pour vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Toss once more before serving.
I don't think it could get much easier than that. Enjoy!