Posted May 13, 2013
I usually try to plan a weekly menu so that way when I go to the grocery store I know exactly what I am getting. I find it saves me time and money. This past Sunday was no different. I had my menu planned out and bought everything I needed for the week, or so I thought. I had every intention of making a dish that my dad had talked to me about, however, I forgot one ingredient so I had to quickly improvise. The original plan was to cook pork chops so I knew I would be making those, I just wasn’t sure what to do with them. I thought that marinating them would be good so I scoured my refrigerator for some ingredients and came up with this delicious Asian inspired marinade. I whisked together a mixture of hoisin sauce, siracha sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ground ginger and soy sauce and poured it over the pork chops. After a few hours in the fridge, I baked them in the oven and served them along side some stir-fried veggies and jasmine rice. It was a delicious dinner.
The marinade is what makes this dish. It is sweet, savory and a little spicy, but it compliments the pork perfectly. Note that you do need to marinade these pork chops for at least 2 hours so be sure to plan accordingly.
Baked Asian Style Pork Chops Recipe
Pork chops marinated in a mixture of soy, hoisin and sriracha sauces and baked until delicious and tender.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon siracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops
- In a bowl whisk together garlic, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, siracha sauce, hoisin sauce, ground ginger and soy sauce.
- Place pork chops in a baking dish or plastic bag. Pour marinade over the top. Turn pork chops to coat, or shake to coat if you are using a bag. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place pork chops on the baking sheet and spoon remaining marinade over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest 5 minutes. Serve.
I promise I'll make that dish that I talked with my dad about, if I can write the grocery list right next time. ;-) Enjoy!