Posted May 13, 2013
With Memorial Day behind us now, it is officially time to start enjoying our favorite summer treats. For many, those treats involve ice cream and my favorite summer treat is no different. It was the summer break of my junior year when my good friend Natalija and I decided that our treat of the summer was gooey brownies with french vanilla ice cream, and it is a dessert that I still enjoy to this day. With my recent batch of Fudgy Brownie Cookies, I decided to try something a little different. Instead of scooping the ice cream on top of brownies in a bowl, I placed a scoop of creamy french vanilla ice cream between two fudgy brownie cookies then rolled them into mini chocolate chips. Fudgy chocolate cookies, cool ice cream and even more chocolate, what’s not to love?
I didn’t include the recipe to make the fudgy brownie cookies in this post, but you can check out the original post. Just keep in mind when making the cookies, you want to make sure they are the same size so they fit nicely on top of each other. Also, this recipe is for two, but you could easily make as little or as many as you’d like.
Fudgy Brownie Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two fudgy brownie cookies and rolled in chocolate chips.
- 4 cooled Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup french vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (found in the baking aisle)
- Lay four cookies bottoms up on a cookie sheet.
- Place about 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips on a plate.
- Use a spatula to spread about 1/4 cup of ice cream onto one cookie. Place the other cookie on top.
- Roll sandwich into chocolate chips so that they coat the ice cream.
- Return to cookie sheet and freeze for 2 hours or until they are set. Serve.
You'll want to pass the napkins with these little devils because they can get messy, but that is all part of the fun of summer treats isn't it? Enjoy!