Posted May 13, 2013
With this being Memorial day weekend and the kick off of summer I thought I would share a dish that would be a great addition to any BBQ. If sweet corn on the cob doesn’t scream summer BBQ then I don’t know what does. Corn was a pretty common component to many of our family BBQs . Mostly we just had it grilled with a little butter, which of course is perfect, but I decided to add a little something different when I made these the other day. For this recipe, I wrapped the corn in aluminum foil and grilled it. Then I cut the kernels from the cob and tossed them in a mixture of melted butter with sauteed jalapenos and garlic. The spiciness is the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the corn.
While I take this corn off the cob, mainly because eating corn on the cob with Ryan is not fun unless you like wearing kernels, it would be possible for you to leave the corn on the cob. Simply brush the jalapeno-garlic butter onto the grilled corn cob.
Grilled Corn with Jalapeno-Garlic Butter Recipe
Sweet grilled corn kernels tossed with butter, jalapenos and garlic.
- 4 ears of corn, silk and husks removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat your grill on the high setting.
- Wrap the corn cobs in aluminum foil. Cook on hot grill for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from heat. Allow to cool for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small sauce pan. Once melted add jalapeno and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until jalapeno is softened.
- Once corn has cooled enough to handle it, remove the aluminum foil. Holding the corn upright, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cob. (Note: I would do this into a bowl so you don't have kernals flying everywhere. I learned the hard way). Once all of the kernels are cut from the cob, toss them with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Isn't that a simple way to jazz up a traditional favorite? Now grab some ribs, pass the beer, sit back and enjoy the sunshine. :) Enjoy!