Posted May 13, 2013
Last Friday when I posted my recipe for Shredded Beef Taquitos, I mentioned that I would share a recipe for the awesome sandwiches I made the next day with the left over beef. First I wanted to jazz up the beef a little bit so I cooked it with some chopped serrano peppers, garlic and sliced onions. However, it was the addition of a quick sriracha mayo that made this sandwich absolutely delicious.
Sriracha has been one of my favorite condiments since I first found it at the Mongolian grill where Ryan and I had our first date. I know, I know messy food for a first date, but I was 15 and I wasn’t one of those girls who would only eat salad in front of boys. Sure I’d eat a salad, if it was followed by a delicious pasta :) But back to the sriracha. I love sriracha because it adds a nice spicy kick to many different meals. It goes well with stirfries, pizza and even eggs. Heck my little sister would even squirt some on potato chips. For this meal, I mixed it with a little rice wine vinegar and some mayo to make a perfect spread for my sandwich.
Shredded Beef Sandwiches with Sriracha Mayo Recipe
Shredded beef cooked with onions and serrano peppers, piled high on crusty bread with a spread of sriracha mayonnaise.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (depending on how spicy you want it)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked shredded beef
- 3 french bread rolls or hoagie rolls
- Whisk together mayonnaise, rice vinegar, sriracha, salt and pepper. (Note: Mayo will be thin , but should be spreadable. If it appears too thin add a little more mayo.) Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook garlic, peppers and onions until slightly softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded beef. Cook until warmed through. About 3 minutes.
- Toast bread under broiler just until browned.
- For each sandwich, pile meat mixture on bottom half of bun. Spread sriracha mayo on top of bun, place on top of meat mixture. Serve