Posted May 13, 2013
Last week I shared a recipe for Cajun Popcorn Shrimp that reminded me of my childhood. This week I thought I would add another twist to the recipe. I decided to place these crunchy little devils on a sandwich. Inspired by the classic New Orleans dish the Shrimp Po’ Boy, this french bread sandwich is filled with Cajun popcorn shrimp, a slightly spicy spread, shredded lettuce and tomato.
It is the spicy spread that really makes this sandwich. It’s not too spicy that it is over powering but it compliments the Cajun seasoned shrimp nicely. If you’re worried about the spice just cut the amount of cayenne pepper in half.
Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwich Recipe
French bread sandwich filled with Cajun popcorn shrimp, a slightly spicy spread, shredded lettuce and tomato.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 french bread rolls
- 20 pieces Cajun Popcorn Shrimp
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne, garlic, minced shallot, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare shrimp according to recipe.
- Cut french bread rolls 3/4 of the way through. Spread some of the spicy mayonnaise mixture on each side. Place 10 shrimp per sandwich on one half of the roll. Top each sandwich with shredded lettuce and two tomato slices. Serve.
Ryan and I had some left over spicy spread and found that it made a delicious dip for the Homemade Potato Chips I served along side the sandwich. Enjoy!