Posted May 13, 2013
A friend of mine is on this super strict diet and one of the only things he can eat is chicken breasts. His go to method of cooking? Boiling. Not because of the requirements, but because of a lack of recipes. Now I don’t know about you but after a month, heck even a week of that, and I would be running towards the nearest McDonald’s. So I thought I would come up with a chicken recipe that is both flavorful and healthy. This friend also always insists I make “food a guy can make”, which he says means “not too complicated” so this recipe is super easy too. I simply marinated chicken in a mixture of spices, lemon juice, lemon pepper, garlic and olive oil and then sauteed it until it was tender and juicy.
I did mention that this was easy to make but it does require a little bit of preparation before hand. I recommend that you marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours prior to cooking. It gives the flavors a chance to meld.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Chicken marinated in a mixture of spices, lemon juice, lemon pepper, garlic and olive oil and then sauteed it until tender and juicy.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- lemon wedges for garnish
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until they are a uniform thickness. This ensures that they will cook evenly.
- Place chicken in a glass dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Turn the chicken to coat. Marinate for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges