Posted June 17, 2013
When I told Ryan that I was going to blog about scrambled eggs he scoffed at the idea and said ” Scrambled eggs? Isn’t that one of those things that you don’t need a recipe for?” Maybe or maybe not but the recipe for scrambled eggs that I am sharing with you today isn’t for just any run of the mill scrambled eggs. No, not at all. Sure the ingredient list includes butter, eggs and milk. But it also includes cream cheese and truffle salt. The result is the creamiest, most flavorful scrambled eggs ever to grace your breakfast plate and it is the perfect recipe for the Truffle Salt winner to try.
Since this was my first giveaway I wasn’t really sure how I wanted to pick the winner so I did it the good ol’ fashioned way. To pick the winner we actually printed the comments, cut them into equal sized pieces (and in this case when I say “we” I mean Ryan) and placed them in a bowl. Then I put on a blindfold and picked the winner. In other words it was totally random.
And the winner is….
Congrats Melanie! I’ve emailed you at the email address you provided with all of the details.
Thank you to everyone that entered the giveaway. I really enjoyed reading all of your entries regarding your favorite things about Thanksgiving. Since I asked you all to share, I thought that I would too. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is spending time with the family and friends that I don’t get to see that often since we’ve moved away from home. The mashed potatoes aren’t half bad either.
Now, on with the eggs.
Truffle Scrambled Eggs and Giveaway Winner Recipe
Tired of boring scrambled eggs? Jazz up the good ol’ breakfast standby with cream cheese and a little truffle salt.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Once butter is melted, pour eggs into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in diced cream cheese.
- Cook eggs for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until eggs are fluffy and cooked through.
- Remove eggs from heat and sprinkle with truffle salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.