Posted May 13, 2013
This is the first year in a while that I am finding it pretty easy to keep my New Year’s resolution. Who would’ve known that I would enjoy adding so much salmon to my diet. This lovely salad recipe is my latest experiment. With spinach, smoked salmon, walnuts and a caper vinaigrette its light yet filling and makes the perfect lunch or light supper.
When making this salad, it took me a little while to determine what kind of dressing I wanted to serve with it. As much as I love ranch, and my new found love jalapeno ranch, that wasn’t really what I was going for. This salad needed a vinaigrette. But what kind? I then started to think of flavors I enjoy with salmon and remembered how much I enjoyed my Baked Salmon with Lemon Caper Butter. Thus this Caper Vinaigrette was born. It was delicious on this salad and I can’t wait to try it on other things.
Smoked Salmon Salad with Caper Vinaigrette Recipe
Perfect light meal of salmon, spinach and walnuts.
Serves 2 - 4
Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe:
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup shelled chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked salmon
- caper vinaigrette (recipe below)
- fresh cracked black pepper
Caper Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons nonpareil capers, rinsed
- fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
- In a bowl combine spinach, walnuts and salmon.
- In another bowl combine all ingredients for caper vinaigrette. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Whisk once more to combine dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Drizzle with a few tablespoons of caper vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if desired.
- Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper over the top. Serve.