Posted May 13, 2013
When I made this dish a little over a week ago, it was sunny and it was (gasp!) warm in Seattle. I jumped at the chance to make something a little lighter, something that reminded me of summer. Enter this very quick and easy dish. Simply season the shrimp with adobo seasoning and broil them. Then lay the succulent, seasoned shrimp on sliced avocado, top with some diced tomatoes and a squirt of lime. One bite and I forgot that it was only March.
I just love avocado. I could seriously sit there all day and eat them by themselves slice by slice, savoring each and every creamy bite. And creamy avocado actually pairs very nicely with crunchy broiled shrimp. That is what made me think of trying this quick dish. It was the perfect light supper and I had dinner on the table in about 5 minutes. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Adobo Shrimp with Tomatoes and Avocado Recipe
Succulent seasoned shrimp on a bed of sliced avocado, topped with tomatoes and a squirt of lime. Quick, easy and a reminder that summer is just around the corner.
- 1/2 pound (51 - 60 count) prawns peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado, pit removed, skin removed and sliced
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Sprinkle adobo seasoning and olive oil over shrimp toss to coat. Place shrimp on a baking sheet and broil until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Place sliced avocado on a plate. Place cooked shrimp over the top of avocado. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the top. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes.