Posted June 17, 2013
Honey mustard is always a must with chicken tenders in our house. For that reason, it is shocking to me that I never thought to combine the two before cooking. That’s right, these crispy lovelies are marinated in honey mustard dressing for a couple of hours so that the tender chicken soaks up all the sweet tangy flavor of the dressing. Then, like my sriracha chicken nuggets, these little devils are coated in panko bread crumbs so that they crisp up very nicely in your oven, not your fryer.
I started making my own honey mustard dressing a little while ago. It is so simple and you probably have all of the ingredients on hand right now. All you need is: mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper. Simply whisk all of them together and viola! Honey Mustard dressing. Pretty easy huh? And since we can never get enough honey mustard flavor, I suggest making a little extra for dipping the chicken tenders in.
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders Recipe
Tender chicken marinated in homemade honey mustard dressing, dredged in bread crumbs and baked until golden.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, vinegar and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken tenders in a bowl and pour honey mustard over the top. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After the chicken has marinated, preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a cooling rack with non-stick spray. Place cooling rack on top of baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine panko and plain bread crumbs in bowl. Remove the chicken from the mariande and let excess drip off. Dredge in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely. Place on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 3 minutes or until browned.