Posted May 13, 2013
Everyone needs a good quick meal every once in a while. Things get too busy but alas we all need to eat. I happened to have one of those days this week. This super easy pasta saved the day. It cooks in about the time it takes you to boil the pasta and has all kinds of goodies like lemon pepper, shrimp, shallots, garlic and wine.
If you’ve browsed my pasta recipes you can see that I often lean towards the long pastas. I love linguine, spaghetti and fettuccine. But for this pasta I wanted something a little bit lighter yet still filling. In comes fusilli, or corkscrew pasta. The little crevasses soak up the white wine garlic sauce very nicely. If you don’t have any fusilli, any other short pasta, such as penne will do.
Lemon Pepper Shrimp with Fusilli Recipe
Light and fresh this pasta has all kinds of goodies like lemon pepper, shrimp, garlic and wine
Serves 2 - 4
- 8 ounces dried fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound 51 - 60 count prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic until shallots are softened, about 2 -3 minutes. Stir in white wine, lemon juice and lemon pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in prawns and cook until prawns are opaque.
- Add cooked pasta to prawn mixture. Stir in fresh parsley. Toss to combine. Season to taste with kosher salt.