Posted May 13, 2013
Here we are the day after Easter and if you’re like me then you probably have quite a few hard boiled eggs in your fridge. You could snack on them as is with a little salt and pepper or make some egg salad or some traditional deviled eggs. But if you are looking for something different with a whole lotta flavor then have a go with these curried deviled eggs.
Ever since I started experimenting with different kinds of deviled eggs (i.e. sriracha deviled eggs), I have wanted to make these. Curry is one of my favorite spice blends and I had heard of people making curried deviled eggs but I had never tried them before. I was very pleasantly surprised with the result. The curry and the turmeric added a wonderful twist to this classic dish.
Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe
Leftover Easter Eggs? Forget traditional deviled eggs, try this twist with curry and turmeric.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 green onion, green part only, diced
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolk.
- In a bowl combine yolks, mayonnaise, curry powder and turmeric. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling into the eggs or place filling in a plastic bag and pipe it into the eggs.