Posted May 13, 2013
Chicken wing enthusiasts may slap my hands for this one but these chicken wings are dry. Yep, that’s right no hot wing sauce leaving your fingers and hands a mess. Call these the clean chicken wings if you like. But despite the fact that there is no sauce, these wings are full of flavor thanks to a sweet n’ spicy marinade made with cajun seasoning and honey.
Growing up I had an aunt that would make chicken wings like this every once in a while. All she would have to do is grab the chicken wings out of the fridge and the flour from the pantry and you could feel the anticipation in the air. I won’t lie, I sat there in the kitchen watching and waiting so that I could get the first chicken wing. These chicken wings are similar to hers, but I decided to make them my own by adding the cajun seasoning. It adds the perfect kick.
Cajun Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
Chicken wings marinated in cajun seasoning and honey then fried until golden. Full of flavor and spice but no need for wet naps.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken party wings (or chicken wings with tips trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- oil for frying
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- In a bowl combine cajun seasoning, olive oil and honey. Toss chicken in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a resealable plastic bag combine corn starch, flour and seasoning salt. Place marinated chicken in the bag and shake to coat. Place coated chicken on a plate and let set for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is setting, heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy duty pan over medium-high heat. Once oil reaches 350 degrees begin frying chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Allow to cool slightly. Serve.