Posted May 13, 2013
Folks today I would like to share with you what is sure to be my go-to pasta salad this summer for all the pot-lucks, BBQs and patio dinners that are sure to come up. With this recipe I challenge you to forget the box; forget the pre-made stuff at your deli grocer. You aren’t going to want it after you give this a try. Just think, creamy refreshing lemon dill dressing coats perfect pasta, creamy avocados, sweet tomatoes and crispy bacon. It’s like summer in a bowl.
I actually got the idea for this salad from one of my favorite sandwiches: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado. Sure the traditional BLT is great, but add some avocado and I’ll love you for life. What can I say? Avocado just does that to me. But enough about my slightly odd obsession with one of California’s greatest exports aside from Mickey Mouse, let’s get back to this salad. It really is quick; you just need to let the flavors mingle for about 30 minutes or so. If you want to make it a little more in advance, my advice is to add the avocado about 30 minutes before serving. You don’t want it to start to turn brown.
Creamy Bacon Tomato and Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe
Forget boxed pasta salad, this creamy pasta salad with bacon, avocado and tomato will be your go to salad for all of your summer BBQ’s.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into one inch pieces
- 1/2 pound dried rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- Cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain. Run cold water over the top until the pasta is cooled.
- While your bacon and pasta are cooking, whisk mayonnaise, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper and dill together in a bowl.
- Stir cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and reserved bacon into the dressing. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.