Posted May 13, 2013
These are easy peasy. But despite being easy peasy, I think they can bring a touch of class to any BBQ or outdoor party. Sure you’ve probably had shrimp skewers before but these shrimp aren’t just placed on any normal wood skewers. No that will not do. These shrimp are skewered on to fresh rosemary sprigs. What is so cool about that you ask? Well it gives you a pretty presentation as well as a wonderful taste of fresh rosemary in each shrimp bite.
These can be a little tricky so you want pretty sturdy rosemary sprigs. I also found that if I remove a few of the rosemary leaves it is easier to get the prawns on. Don’t worry you will still get a plenty of rosemary flavor.
Grilled Shrimp and Rosemary Skewers Recipe
What is an easy way to kick up traditional shrimp skewers? Hint: Use rosemary instead of wood.
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 12 medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- pinch kosher salt
- squirt of lemon juice
- Soak the rosemary sprigs in water for 20 minutes.
- While the rosemary is soaking, place the prawns, garlic and kosher salt in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Skewer the prawns on the rosemary sprigs. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill prawns for 3 - 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Transfer to a plate and squirt with lemon juice. Serve.