Posted May 13, 2013
Do you love cherry tomatoes as much as me? I love biting into them and getting a sweet burst of tomato goodness that just screams summer time. And as good as they are raw they are even better when they are slow roasted with some garlic. And as if garlic and tomatoes wasn’t enough, how about adding some chicken and wine to the mix? The result is a simple, rustic dish that reminds me of a few I had while I was in Tuscany.
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again because I think it’s really important. One of the things I really loved about Tuscan cooking was the simplicity of it all. Each and every meal we had while we were exploring Fiesole, Siena and Florence was simple but oh so flavorful. There were very few ingredients and they were seasoned so delicately that the true flavor of the ingredients really shined through. I have tried to bring that philosophy into my cooking at home and every once in a while I will get a true gem like this dish that transports me back to that little restaurant in Fiesole overlooking the city of Florence. Ahhh Italy. One day we’ll get back, probably a year when we don’t buy a house.
Baked Chicken with Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
Chicken, tomatoes, garlic, white wine, olive oil, salt and pepper. So simple and so delicious.
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 1/2 pounds combo of chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Place tomatoes around chicken. Sprinkle with chopped garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine. Cook for 45 - 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If it starts to brown too much place foil on top to prevent burning. Serve.