Posted May 13, 2013
Yum. Yum and Yum..and yum and yum and yum and yuuummm. Really that is all that came to mind when I was trying to figure out how to describe the dinner that I just had. Yes, that is right, I am writing this literally minutes after I finished eating it. It is so good that I couldn’t wait to share it with you all. The steak is so tender. The seasoning just right. And the avocado sauce? Well that is absolutely to die for.
After I prepare dinner and plate it for pictures, Ryan’s job begins. He painstakingly makes sure that each and every picture captures the essence of the meal well. He makes sure that the food looks just right and the lighting is perfect. When he was taking pictures of this recipe however, he seemed to have a little bit of trouble. He said he couldn’t get it just right and that was the reason that half of the steak was gone before we sat down to dinner. As much as I love him, I’m pretty sure that was a ruse so that he could eat a bit more . But oh well, what’s a girl to do?
Grilled Steak with Avocado Sauce Recipe
Perfectly seasoned tender steak AND creamy avocado sauce? Oh yeah its heavenly.
Serves 2 - 4
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds flat iron steak
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice from 1 lime
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Rub all over the steak.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cook steak about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice steak and spoon avocado sauce over the top. Serve.