Posted May 13, 2013
In addition to finding side dishes and what not for our Thanksgiving table this year, I am also looking for appetizers to put out while we watch the parade (Ryan still thinks we’re watching football instead. Shhhh don’t tell). These little devils just might make the list. They are spicy, creamy and bacon-y. You’re already consuming about a million calories on Thanksgiving what’s a couple more? Especially when they taste this good.
I should probably just call these jalapeno poppers on crack. Sure we’re all used to the jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and then fried. These, while they are stuffed with cream cheese like their counterparts, are also stuffed with chrozio. And then instead of breaded they are wrapped with bacon and baked. Like I said, jalapeno poppers on crack.
Chorizo and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and chorizo, wrapped with bacon. AKA Jalapeno Poppers on crack.
- 6 jalapenos
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces ground chorizo
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes.
- Use about a teaspoon of cream cheese to spread a thin layer in the jalapeno. Top with a small mound of chorizo. Wrap the jalapenos with the sliced bacon. Secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Place stuffed jalapenos on a prepared baking sheet and bake 20 - 30 minutes or until bacon and chorizo are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.