Posted May 13, 2013
I might be going out on a limb here but I’m going to guess that this week is going to be hectic for the majority of us. I know for a fact it will be for me. But it’s a good kind of hectic. I have all my shopping done but need to wrap presents before I get to spend time with my family and friends kind of hectic. But despite all of the chaos, a girl still hasta eat. And despite the fact that she might have to do it in a hurry, this girl likes to eat well. This quick, easy and delicious pasta dish allows me to do just that.
I get help from a couple of pre-made ingredients for this dish: Caesar dressing and packaged tortellini. Use what ever Caesar dressing you like the best to marinate the chicken. To make this dish a little more Christmas-y I used some fresh cheese stuffed rainbow tortellini that I found in the deli section of my grocery store. Now that I think about it, I realize that I haven’t seen it in that many places so you might have a hard time getting your hands on it. If you can’t find it, a fresh package of regular cheese tortellini will work just fine.
Caesar Chicken Tortellini Recipe
With a hectic week a head this caesar chicken tortellini will help you eat well despite all the chaos.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup prepared Caesar dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound rainbow tortellini
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken between to pieces of plastic wrap. Pound to 1/4 inch thick just so that it cooks evenly. Place chicken in a bowl. Pour Caesar dressing over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook marinated chicken 5 - 7 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board allow to cool a couple of minutes before slicing into bite size pieces.
- While chicken is cooking, cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in cook shallot, garlic and basil. Cook just until fragrant about 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan. Stir in pasta and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.