Posted May 13, 2013
When I was growing up my mom, sister and I would always pick a day during the Christmas season and make a whole bunch of cookies and sweets, package them up at the dining room table and then give them to family and friends. It was our way of saying Merry Christmas. It was always something that I looked forward to. And it is one of the traditions that I like to continue now that I have moved away. Just one smell of the chocolaty peanut butteryness that is these no-bake cookies and I’m transported back to my mom’s dining room table.
These are pretty popular cookies and I’m sure you’ve tried them before, or know someone who has. You might even have your very own recipe. It may be similar to this or may be completely different. My mom got this recipe from a friend. I’m not sure where her friend got it from. But all I know is that this is how we made them in our house. This is the recipe that really brings back all of the Christmas memories for me. What brings back memories for you?
No Bake Cookies Recipe
Remembering childhood Christmas’ with these scrumptious chocolaty, peanutty cookies that you don’t even have to bake.
Makes 2 dozen
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unprocessed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Place peanut butter and rolled oats in a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over the top. Mix well.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture onto paper. Allow to cool. Cookies will harden as they cool.