Posted May 13, 2013
With Easter just a couple of days away now I wanted to give you one last quick recipe to jazz up your table. This Baked Asparagus with Breadcrumbs does just that. The asparagus is coated lightly in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then breadcrumbs seasoned with garlic are sprinkled over the top and if that isn’t enough, just before serving the dish gets a little Parmesan cheese for good measure. It will make a pretty, not to mention delicious, addition to your Easter table.
Most Easter spreads do include this spring time vegetable and while I love it, Ryan informed me recently that he is not a huge fan. Well there is no way that I am not going to enjoy my asparagus so I thought this might appeal to him a little more. How could it not? With the crispy breadcrumbs and golden cheese, this dish is sure to please just about everyone.
Baked Asparagus with Breadcrumbs Recipe
Jazz up your asparagus this Easter with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Place asparagus on baking sheet.
- Combine plain breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs and garlic powder in a bowl. Sprinkle over the top of asparagus.
- Bake asparagus for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle any breadcrumbs that have fallen onto the foil over the top. Serve immediately.