Posted May 13, 2013
I seem to be all about the quick and easy dishes lately. I think it’s because I’ve got a little spring fever and am ready for the light, quick dishes and sunny weather. Stir fries are great when I am feeling like this because they come together super quickly, are usually pretty good for you and not to mention, full of flavor. Take this dish for instance with sliced pork, broccoli and little Thai basil it is sure to be light enough for a flavorful spring supper that will leave you full and satisfied.
I was first introduced to Thai basil at a Thai restaurant when I ordered something called basil pork on the menu. It is popular in Thai cooking and if you’ve had Pho before it probably came with it. Thai basil is different then your traditional basil. It is not quite as sweet as regular basil. Instead it has a much more minty or anise flavor to it. I personally love it.
Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
A quick and easy stir fry with pork, broccoli and Thai basil.
Serves 2 - 4
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound pork loin thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 - 5 Thai basil leaves, chopped
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook onions and garlic for 30 seconds or just until fragrant. Stir in broccoli. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add in thinly sliced pork.
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce. Pour over veggies and pork. Continue cooking on high heat until pork is cooked through. Stir in chopped basil. Serve immediately.