Posted May 13, 2013
The other day I posted a tweet on Twitter and Facebook stating that “Sriracha just might be the sauce of the Gods”. Not surprisingly I started to get a lot of responses from people agreeing with me. Apparently the spicy loveliness of Sriracha has cast it’s spell over just about everyone. It’s because of that fact that I set out to create another recipe using the condiment of all condiments. These spicy chicken wings are the result. And in my opinion, proof that Sriracha is in fact the sauce of the Gods.
If you have experience with Sriracha it should not surprise you to learn that these wings are spicy. They are just as spicy, if not a tad bit spicier, than your traditional chicken wing but they aren’t all heat. They have a bit of an Asian twist. In addition to the Sriracha there is rice vinegar, ginger and garlic. The flavor is spicy and tangy, a perfect combination for chicken wings.
Sriracha Chicken Wings Recipe
Proof Sriracha is the sauce of the Gods. Chicken wings with a spicy Sriracha sauce.
Serves 2 - 4
- 1.5 to 2 lb chicken wings, tips trimmed and cut at the joint, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together egg and milk. In a resealable plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Dip wings in egg mixture then transfer to plastic bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a plate and allow to set for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken wings on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn and cook for another 15 – 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- While the wings are cooking combine Sriracha, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ground ginger and remaining kosher salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Once wings are cooked, place hot wings in a bowl and toss with Sriracha sauce to coat completely. Serve hot.