Posted May 13, 2013
Allow me to apologize for the lack of a post last week. We were in the final stretch of our kitchen remodel and things got a little bit hectic. But I’m here today to share a recipe perfect for your 4th of July celebration this week. Tender steak marinated in spicy sriracha, skewered with green onions, grilled to perfection and sprinkled with a little sesame seeds. Every good BBQ will have a plate…or 5…of these on the table.
Remodeling a kitchen is tough. I don’t mean physically, although judging by the way Ryan has been hitting the pillow every night I’m guessing that part is rough too. Remodeling a kitchen is really taxing because it messes up the whole house. Luckily we have a small kitchen in our basement so we’re not eating out every night but when I’m trying to wrangle a now crawling 8 month old and cook dinner at the same time, not having my regular kitchen is simply the pits. Especially since we started this remodel back in April. However, we had Ryan’s new BBQ that he got for Father’s day as our saving grace. It is what we cooked these babies on. They didn’t take long either. Which means that Ryan cooked these, took a picture, ate, and started working on the kitchen again. The work he does for this family every day amazes me. And Kellan and I know how lucky we are to have him. Which is why when he went to grab the last skewer, I resisted wrestling him for it.
Sriracha Beef Skewers Recipe
Tender and spicy these Sriracha Beef Skewers are perfect for the 4th of July.
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound top sirloin cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 - 4 green onions chopped into 1 inch pieces
- olive oil
- sesame seeds
- Combine sriracha, vinegar, worcestershire, salt, ginger, garlic and sesame oil together in a resealable plastic bag or bowl. Add in cut top sirloin. Shake or toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, skewer 3 -4 pieces of beef on each skewer, skewering a piece of green onion between each cut of beef.
- Grill over medium high heat for 4 - 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.