Posted May 13, 2013
Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful week last week and a great weekend. We did. Lots of food, friends, playtime and even a few naps. Ahhh naps. I love naps. I didn’t before I had Kellan. But things have changed. Now for some more Monday Musings.
- It’s no secret that I am not a huge fan of football. The game itself just doesn’t grab me. However, I do enjoy football season because of Game Day snacks. The picture above was our spread yesterday. A scrumptious hybrid of hot nacho dip and hot chorizo dip, spicy buffalo wings and a little something I’m working on but didn’t get it quite right just yet. What is your must have for Sunday football?
- I got one! I got one! I. got. One?? Yep. One red tomato. On my giant tomato plant. One. Oh well…at least I love me some green tomatoes. Especially when I can make Fried Green Tomato Grilled Cheese.
- Kellan starts swimming classes today. I’m pretty excited about it. I know he’s a little young but he really likes to play in water, splashing it around and what not. I think that he will enjoy it. For those of you that have children, did you take them to swim classes at this age?
- We bought a BOB jogging stroller that we found on Craigslist this weekend. I’m pretty excited about it. The fact that it’s a jogging stroller wasn’t a huge factor in the purchase because I have a hard time with running. It’s probably my least favorite physical activity. Love yoga. Love pilates. Swimming. Running? not so much. But who knows, now that I can take Kellan with me maybe that will change.
- This may be an unpopular opinion but when it comes to french fries I just can’t do the sweet potato variety. I have yet to try some that make me say “Man I’m glad I didn’t order regular fries instead” Thoughts?
- Thinking of getting new dishes to match my kitchen. I’m kind of in love with these in Scarlet and Peacock. My birthday is coming and they are on sale maybe I’ll get myself a set of each :)
- I’m looking to get some new children’s books to read to Kellan at bedtime. Our current favorites are “Guess How Much I Love You” and “Goodnight Moon”. Does anyone have any recommendations?