Posted May 13, 2013
This Sunday marks the 4 year blogiversary for this little blog o’ mine. I can’t believe it has been that long already. It has been an amazing journey. I’ve enjoyed spending time in the kitchen. Getting to know all of you. And of course eating. Yes, there has been lots and lots of eating. And boy has it been fun.
I have enjoyed every moment that I have been writing this blog, but to be honest this past year and half or so has been the toughest to keep up with it. When I got pregnant, the only food that sounded good was taquitos dipped in sriracha sauce. Then after the morning sickness went away I had weird cravings. Then I got tired. Then I had a baby and I got even more tired. And now I’m chasing around a little dude while I try to create recipes. That is why I haven’t posted as much as I would like and I just want to say thank you to all of you who have stuck around. All of you that read the blog, try the recipes and let me know how they turn out. It really means a lot to me that you are all here so thank you.
To celebrate this special occasion, and to say thank you. I thought I would host a little giveaway. I’ve decided to give away a box full of things that you can always find in my kitchen. And a few tools and books that I really think are essential for every home cook.
In the box you’ll find:
- Biscoff Cookies and Spread: I was just introduced to these a couple months ago and my life has been changed. THe cookies are unbelievably good. And the spread is basically the cookies in spread form. It’s genius.
- King of the Cajun Gourmet Cajun Seasoning: I use this seasoning in several different recipes, like my cajun chicken wings. I also like sprinkling it on mac n’ cheese and french fries.
- San Marzano Tomatoes: Use these to make the best pasta sauce you’ve ever had.
- Mama Lil’s Sweet Hot Peppers: These lovely peppers are made right here in Seattle. I love to add them to sandwiches. Put them out on an antipasto platter. And spoon them over the top of cream cheese before spreading it on crackers or crusty french bread.
- Montebello Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil with pourer: This is the olive oil that I like to use as a drizzle over my garlic bread, caprese salad, and in my salad dressings.
- Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce: Its hot. Tangy. And I put it on EVERYTHING.
- Sriracha Sauce: Because every kitchen needs a bottle.
- Peugeot Paris Pepper Mill: I don’t like to use pre-ground pepper. Grinding my own allows me to make it coarse or fine. We got this for a wedding present and I’ve used it every day since.
- Taylor Digital Cooking Thermometer with Probe and Timer: I heart this thermometer. My mama got it for me for Christmas a few years back. I use it just about every meal. My favorite feature is that you can set a desired temp and stick the probe it whatever you’re measuring and it will alert you when it has reached the desired temp. Nifty I think.
- The Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dorenburg: This is not a cookbook. It’s better than a cookbook. There are no recipes. Instead it lists just about every ingredient you can think of and tells you other ingredients that pair with it. Want to know what seasonings would work with the salmon you are making for dinner? Or different combinations you could add to the apple dessert you’re making? This book will help you. It’s one of my favorites and I think a must have for every home cooks kitchen.
There you have it folks. You get up to two chances to win. First, leave a comment below telling me about your kitchen must have. It can be a simple ingredient, your favorite pot or a cookbook. Second, become a fan on facebook and let me know in your comment below that you’ve become a fan. Pretty easy huh?
Thank you for reading again friends. And may the odds be ever in your favor…..sorry I couldn’t resist. :)
2 entries max per person (One via a comment on the blog post and one via Facebook)
Due to shipping costs I can only ship to US mailing addresses
Contest ends 10/10/12 at 5:00PM PST.
Winner will be picked at random.
I have personally purchased the products. I have not been compensated in anyway for this post or product recommendation.