Posted May 13, 2013
I have a new obsession in my life: Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. Have you tried them? If not, then you need to. I didn’t think any candy could possibly be better than the Hershey’s Mint Truffle Kisses but I was wrong. The candy cane kisses are. Like times a million. And when you take a candy that good and bake it into a creamy cheesecake with a Biscoff crust then you have one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. Ever.
I’ve had one heck of a time making cheesecake lately. It always cracked. I knew the trick to avoid the cracking was to bake in a water bath but I hadn’t had good luck with that either. However, after so many cracked cheesecakes I decided to give it a whirl one more time. This time I made sure that I doubled up on the heavy duty aluminum foil that I wrapped around the outside of the springform pan and voila! It worked. Beautifully.
Not only is the cheesecake crackless, creamy, dreamy and delicious but the candy only partially melts while cooking so there are little bites of candy cane kisses goodness in every slice. Basically, this cheesecake is all kinds of perfect.
Peppermint Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
Creamy, dreamy eggnog cheesecake with a layer of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
- 2 cups biscoff cookie crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 35 - 40 Hershey Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven t0 350 degrees. Begin to bring a large pot of water to boil. Place the spring form pan in the middle of two large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. Bring the foil up the sides of the pan. Crimp the pieces together around the pan. Make sure it is tight and secure so no water gets in during the baking process.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter together in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- While crust is cooling, beat cream cheese and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a regular bowl and hand held mixer). Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl after adding each egg. Beat in eggnog, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Starting about a half inch from the edge, place Hershey Candy Cane Kisses around the crust, filling all the way to the center. Pour cheesecake batter over the top.
- Place cheesecake in a roasting pan. Pour hot water around the cheesecake. Bake in preheated oven for 45 - 55 minutes or until cheesecake is set. The middle will still be jiggly. Turn off oven, keep oven door closed and allow cheesecake to cool 1 hour in oven. It will finish cooking during this time.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, carefully remove it from the water bath. Remove the aluminum foil, being careful of any water that may have worked its way in.
- Chill cheesecake in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready, slice and serve.