Posted June 17, 2013
I’ve made a couple of Thanksgiving dinners in the past and I know it can be quite overwhelming. There are so many options. Should you go traditional? Or out of the box? What if someone can’t eat dairy? And another doesn’t like mashed potatoes (crazy person, no offense). It’s enough to make one reach for the wine just to help plan the menu. That is where I hope to help. With less than a week to go, I thought I would share some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes to help those of you that are in charge of the big day. With appetizers, sides and a couple of desserts there’s enough to please just about everyone.
- Creamy Pumpkin and Sage Dip- A perfect holiday dip with pumpkin, sage, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms- Mushrooms stuffed with a savory mixture of Italian sausage, cheese, parsley and garlic and then baked until the cheese is golden and the mushrooms are tender
- Rosemary and Cranberry Spread- Sweet cranberries, fresh rosemary and smooth cream cheese make this a perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving
The Main Event:
- Roasted Turkey Thighs- If a whole turkey is too big for your celebration try these roasted turkey legs.
- Sausage, Apple and Brie Stuffing- Savory sausage, tart apples and creamy brie help make this Thanksgiving staple a new favorite.
- Farro, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Salad-A healthy, hearty salad with farro, cranberries and goat cheese all tossed in a tangy balsamic vinaigrette.
- Roasted Garlic and Thyme Mac N’ Cheese- Creamy, cheesy, garlicky, herby, mac n’ cheese goodness that you are bound to fall head over heels for.
- Cranberry Sauce- Forget the canned stuff, use fresh cranberries, OJ and sugar to make your sauce this Thanksgiving.
- Green Bean Casserole- Fresh green beans, mushrooms, half & half, cream cheese, parmesan & panko. Now THAT is a casserole.
- Chive Cream Biscuits- Chive Cream Biscuits are perfect for your Turkey day table.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes- The creamiest, yummiest mashed potatoes ever
- Gravy- All you need for this is reserved pan drippings flour, a good quality stock, some milk, salt and pepper and you are on your way to making delicious, creamy gravy fit for your Turkey Day table
- Spinach, Arugula, Cranberry and Walnut Salad- Spinach, peppery arugula, crunchy walnuts, sweet cranberries and tangy goat cheese tossed in a quick cranberry vinaigrette.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars- If you’re looking for a Pumpkin dessert that’s a bit different from the traditional pie, try these creamy dreamy pumpkin cheesecake bars.
- Spiced Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting- Inspired by everyone’s favorite fall treat Candy Apple’s these spiced cupcakes are topped with creamy caramel frosting.
- And be sure to check back next Tuesday for a new recipe: Pumpkin Cream Pie
Have a great weekend!