Posted May 13, 2013
We took Kellan to see Santa this weekend. While waiting in line we heard scream after scream. One man in line asked if Santa was pulling teeth. It didn’t sound good. Ryan and I anticipated a scared little dude on our hands. But to our surprise, things went well. Very well. He even smiled. Looks like a little Elf in training doesn’t he?
- One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is Christmas movies. What is your favorite? It’s really hard for me to pick just one. It’s a Wonderful Life is near the top. As is Elf, Home Alone 1 & 2, A Christmas Story, Santa Clause and Christmas with the Kranks. See, I told you it was hard for me to pick one.
- As I was making a snack for Kellan this week, I thought to myself that the one snack that I loved as a kid that I still really enjoy today is peanut butter and saltines. Are there any that you enjoyed as a kid and still enjoy today?
- To those of you that are watching Parenthood, how are you doing with this season? I’ve been having a really hard time and too be honest, I don’t think that I’m going to be able to watch this week’s episode. It’s just a little too real I suppose.
- Do you have an Elf on a Shelf? I love this new little tradition. Kellan named ours “Hattie” Well, when we asked him what he wanted to name the elf, he pointed to it and the first sound that came out of his mouth sounded like Hattie so that’s what we named him. Kellan actually searches for him now when we ask him where Hattie is. I must say, this age is really, really fun.
- 2 weeks from today is Christmas eve. Can you believe it?! I can’t. But I won’t say I’m not excited, Christmas eve is my absolute favorite day of the year. Maybe it’s the memories of it as a child, the anticipation and excitement, the lights, the cookies, carols. And to say that I am excited to start creating all those memories with my own child would be the understatement of the year. So let the countdown begin!