Posted May 13, 2013
We are still trying to get over the Seahawks loss a few weeks ago, but that is not going to stop me from taking part in the second largest eating day in the US. That’s right, we’re still planning on indulging in Super Bowl snacks even if it’s just to watch the commercials and eat away our football sorrows. Speaking of Super Bowl snacks, these Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups full of cream cheese, pepper jack, cheddar, jalapenos and bacon have just been added to the menu.
Many of you have probably heard of jalapeno poppers with their creamy insides and crunchy outsides. And most have also probably heard of jalapeno popper dip which is all the goodness of jalapeno poppers in dip form. This recipe combines the two with bacon and stuffs it inside a crispy baked wonton cup. They come together quickly and aren’t messy, making them the perfect bite size snack for your Super Bowl party.
Note: I used gyoza wrappers because that is what I had on hand. They are round while wonton wrappers are square. Either will work for this recipe.
Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups Recipe
Creamy jalapeno popper dip baked in a crispy wonton shell until hot and bubbly.
- 12 gyoza wrappers
- olive oil
- 5 slices bacon, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush one side of gyoza wrappers with olive oil. Gently press into a non-stick muffin pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Mix well. Fold in bacon.
- Spoon mixture into the cooled gyoza wrappers. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until the shells are browned and the filling bubbly. Allow to cool slightly then serve.