Posted May 13, 2013
Hey friends! Sorry for my absence last week. Kellan and I were fighting a stomach bug while Ryan had a cold. Then Kellan and I got Ryan’s cold. It was a week full of chicken broth, saltines, orange juice and TV movies. Luckily, we were all better and ready to cheer on our Hawks yesterday. Kellan gets really into it as you can see. Thank goodness they won!
- We took down our Christmas decorations on New Year’s day, like we do every year. It’s no secret that I am a huge Christmas fan but once it is over, I kind of like getting my house back to normal. Every thing feels clean, albeit a little bare. What about you? Do you take your decorations down right away or wait?
- I started reading “The Book Thief” recently. I have heard some wonderful things about it. Have you read it?
- Kellan is 14 months old already. It seemed like once he hit a year his vocabulary just took off. He now says “hot” “baby” “mama” “dada” and a few others. But when you ask him if he can say milk, his response is “num a num a num”. Go figure.
- I know that it is the first of the year and most people are looking for recipes that are a bit lighter and healthier but I’ve got a confession to make: I’m not one of them. I believe in eating what you want in moderation which is why I will be sharing one heck of a mac n’ cheese recipe with you this week. Be excited. It’s yummy.
- Speaking of recipes in the new year, are there any special requests?