Posted May 13, 2013
Quick and easy pastas are always one of my favorite go to meals. They are perfect for week nights. Quick lunches. And even special occasions. But my favorite time to make a quick and easy pasta is the night after we get back from vacation. That is exactly why I made this pasta last Monday night. It came together so quickly and with the succulent shrimp, briny capers and creamy Dijon it really hit the spot.
When you get back from vacation the last thing that you want to do is cook. Right?
When I get home, I need a day to unwind, unpack and resettle into our schedule. But, after vacation and eating every meal out, nothing sounds as good as a home cooked meal. Right?
It’s a conundrum. You don’t want to cook. You don’t want to eat out. You need to eat.
Times like this is when it is nice to have pasta dishes like this in your arsenal. It comes together in about 25 minutes, tastes scrumptious and is sure to satisfy the craving for home cooked deliciousness after a trip away.
Dijon Shrimp and Caper Pasta Recipe
A quick and easy pasta with succulent shrimp, briny capers and a buttery Dijon mustard sauce.
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 pound dried whole grain linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3.2 oz) jar non-pareil capers, rinsed
- 1 pound 51-60 count prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to packages directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and capers just until garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in prawns. Cook until opaque. 3 - 5 minutes. Stir in Dijon mustard and butter. Cook just until butter melts.
- Add pasta to the pan. Toss to combine. If the pasta seems a bit dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.