Happy Monday friends! We just spent the last weekend in Phoenix, enjoying some sunshine, food, family and baseball. Kellan had a great time. He spent some time with his grandparents, great grandparents and great aunt. He got some new shoes that light up. But I think his favorite part was all the quality time he got to spend with his Daddy watching baseball games.
- On the plane ride to and from Phoenix, I had the chance to read quite a bit more of the Kitchen House and I am now having a really hard time putting it down. It is such an excellent book. What are you currently reading?
- One of my favorite parts of our annual trip to Phoenix is that we get to eat at In-N-Out Burger. We don’t have one anywhere near us so it’s a once a year treat for us. My favorite is a cheeseburger animal style. Have you every eaten at In-N-Out? Are you a fan?
- Speaking of eating a burger and fries, am I the only one that doesn’t eat the best when they are on vacation and then comes home and craves nothing but vegetables? I want kale, and broccoli and greens and just about anything else you can get from the garden. I’ve already got lots of veggie recipe ideas in my head and I hope to get into the kitchen to start experimenting soon.
- And of course to balance things out, I’ve also got a new cheesecake recipe I’m anxious to try and hopefully share with you all. If it turns out like I hope it will it will quickly become a favorite.
- The Following has had me on the edge of my seat each week. What did you think of last week’s episode? I really can’t believe that they all got away. I really thought they were going to get the boy back somehow. But alas, the plot thickens. I am anxious to see what is next!
- I don’t exactly write a plan that says what we’ll eat each day of the week but before I go grocery shopping I do have meals that I buy all the ingredients for. It seems to work well for me. It sure makes grocery shopping a lot easier. Do you do menu planning? Does it work for you?