Happy Easter week! We dyed Easter eggs yesterday. It was the first time for Kellan and the first time Ryan and I had dyed eggs in a very long time. I have to say it was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun to watch Kellan’s eyes light up when the eggs went in white and came out a different color. It was a little more of a challenge to prevent him from spilling the dye all over the place, but fun none the less.
- Kellan has been obsessed with Finding Nemo lately. Although I can’t blame him, it is my favorite Disney movie too. However, Ryan and I decided that instead of watching Nemo, we’d take Kellan to see a real clown fish at the Seattle Aquarium. As it turns out, the only fish that Kellan is not afraid of is in fact a clown fish. To every other fish he looked at it and shook his head no. At one point he even jumped when a fish swam passed him. It was kind of cute, not gonna lie.
- I have been a fan of Army Wives since it started. However, I must say that I am not a huge fan of the direction that it is going now. All of my favorite characters are gone and I’m not really interested in any of the new characters that were just introduced. Do you watch it? What do you think?
- What are you reading? I’m reading the Paris Wife. It’s about Ernest Hemmingway and his first wife Hadley Richardson. I have heard nothing but good things and I’m only a couple of chapters in but I think it’s going to be another good one.
- Back to TV for one moment, Mad Men is coming back soon! I’m so excited for it. It is one of the best shows on TV. Do you agree?
- I was attempting to make an Easter dessert to share with you this week but I had a bit of a catstrophe. It was going to be a kind of cookie bar. Notice I say was. I’m not sure what I did wrong but it actually bubbled up and over the sides of the pan, leaking onto my pizza stone below. My house smelled like a giant toasted marshmallow. Not horrible, but not actually what I was going for. Anyone want to share any of their kitchen disasters?