Happy April Fools day! I hope you all had a great Easter weekend. Ours was wonderful. My mom, stepdad and sister came to visit. We had a family dinner on Saturday, spent some time in the sunshine, watched a movie and just plain enjoyed each others company. But the highlight of our weekend was seeing Kellan’s eyes light up when he saw the basket the Easter bunny left him and watching him hunt for the eggs that he left in the backyard. Man, holidays are so much more fun when you see them through the eyes of a child.
- So, my baby sister is having a baby. This isn’t an April fools joke. And my sister is not really a baby anymore, she’s just a couple of years younger than me. But she’s still my baby sister and she is having a baby. Despite the feelings I have about how old it makes me feel to think my baby sister is having a baby all I can think about is how excited I am to meet my little niece or nephew!
- I recently started a gratitude journal. I write in in every night before bed. I am actually loving it. With all the things that are negative in the world, it is so nice to sit there and think of the things that are good. Have you ever tried a gratitude journal?
- I planted my garden yesterday. I am starting from seeds this year. Last year I started with starts a little later in the year. I am really hoping that things go well. I planted kale, spinach, rainbow chard, radishes, carrots, green onions, green beans and a romaine lettuce mix. I’ll plant some tomatoes from starts and a few more herbs a little later in the season but I am super excited. I just hope it all turns out. It would be so nice to go out to my garden to get my vegetables instead of the grocery store. Have you done any planting this year? Any tips would be very much appreciated!
- Who is ready for opening day?! I know I am. The Mariners were on a roll during Spring Training lets hope they can keep it going throughout the rest of the season.
- Exciting news! After a few pretty disastrous baking experiences over the last week, I finally hit the nail on the head with a new cupcake recipe. The frosting is to die for. It just might be my favorite frosting of all time and I’m sharing it this week! And also a new take on deviled eggs to help you use up those left over hard boiled eggs.
Here’s to a good week!