Happy Monday everyone! Can you believe that it is already the middle of September? I can’t but there is no denying it. I have already seen Halloween candy and carving pumpkins for sale at the stores. And at Costco they even had their Christmas decorations up! There are still 98 days until Christmas! But really, who is counting?…….Me……. I am counting. Because the time from September to December 31st is my absolute favorite time of year.
- I’ve been thinking about starting a book club here on the blog. We could all pick a book every month. It doesn’t necessarily have to be food related, although I love reading about food both fiction and non. Then we could discuss in a blog post with comments, weekly or biweekly, what we’ve read. What do you think? Would anyone like to join?
- Kellan’s first swimming lesson went well. He was a little confused at first and for some reason the water was super cold. But I think he had a fun time splashing around and learning how to kick and paddle.
- I tried to bake two cheesecakes this week. Tried being the key word. Both cakes cracked so bad a fruit topping wouldn’t have saved them. But at least they tasted good. In related news, I think I need a new pair of jeans.
- For those of you that watch Parenthood, did you enjoy the season premier? I did. Haddie going off to college at the end had me bawling like a baby.
- In other TV news, I really enjoyed the new Matthew Perry show Go On. So glad he is back on TV. He was always my favorite friend. Could he BE any funnier?