Serves 4- 6
Prep time: 10 min
- 1 (9 ounce) bag of baby spinach leaves
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 4 ounces of goat cheese crumbles
- sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except dressing in a bowl.
- Once all of your ingredients are in the bowl, add desired amount of dressing and toss.
- In a jar with a lid, combine garlic, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Close lid and shake vigorously. (Note: I bought one of those salad cruets that come with Good Seasons Italian dressing and it makes the perfect jar for any kind of vinaigrette)
- Once combined, add olive oil. Shake vigorously. Serve over salad.
If you don't use all of the dressing, you can refrigerate it for about a week. For a little extra something, you can cook up a few slices of bacon and crumble that over the top of the salad. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2009 Life's Ambrosia. All rights reserved. www.lifesambrosia.com