Serves 8 - 10
Prep time: 1 hr 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint cake batter ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl and stir until crumbs are moistened. Press crumbs firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While crust is cooling, set ice cream on the counter to soften.
- Once the crust has cooled and the ice cream is soft enough to spread, spread the ice cream onto the crust.
- Freeze until the ice cream is firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer. Use a knife to loosen the sides of the crust and gently press up tart bottom to release it from the sides.
- Slice into 8 - 10 pieces. Drizzle each piece with chocolate syrup, top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve.
If you aren't serving 8 - 10 people, just slice a piece for yourself and cover and freeze the rest of it. That is what Ryan and I did and we've been enjoying it for about a week now.
Copyright © 2010 Life's Ambrosia. All rights reserved. www.lifesambrosia.com