Phew! I am exhausted! This last week was very busy around our household. Busy, but fun. We got to spend time with family and friends, eat a ton of good food, laugh and celebrate. And there was cake. And cupcakes. And anything involving cakes and cupcakes is automatically a win in my book.
- I decided to make Kellan’s birthday cake. I was really happy with the way that it turned out. I made Dorie Greenspan’s perfect party cake from her Baking cookbook. I just added some sprinkles to make it a “from scratch Funfetti cake”. Everyone seemed to love it. Including Kellan, who had frosting allllllllll over the place. Including his hair. He smelled like a bakery for a little while before I was able to give him a bath.
- We took Kellan Trick or Treating on Halloween. He was a little shy at first but by the end of it he was reaching in and grabbing the candy himself. He’s such a big boy.
- After 4 days in a row of eating out at least one meal, not something we usually do, Ryan decided that instead of going out to a steakhouse for his birthday dinner, he wanted to stay home and have a homecooked meal. Sweet huh? So I canceled our reservations and I made him loaded twice baked potatoes, broccoli and a salad. And he grilled us a perfectly marbled RibEye steak. Dinner was fabulous! Way better than a restaurant and we got to eat it in our PJs. Can’t beat that.
- Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away. Are there any recipes that you would like to see on the blog? Appetizers for the noshing before the big feast? Sides? Desserts? Let me know and I’ll get cooking so that I can share recipes in time for you to add them to your Thanksgiving menu.
- As long as we’re talking Thanksgiving, we might as well talk Christmas too. It is so soon. I need to start my shopping. Have you started yet?