To you mothers out there, I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s day. This was the 2nd one I got to experience as a mom and it was just as wonderful as the first. Breakfast in bed. Lunch with my boys. Playing in the backyard with Kellan while Ryan planted the beautiful flowers he bought me at the nursery on Saturday. Homemade Mongolian grill. And finished it off with a vanilla ice cream and thin mint sundae. I can really get used to this whole Mother’s day thing.
- oh oh oh I also got this beautiful and oh so comfy dress, in Grenadine Guilloché, as a gift from Kellan and Ryan. Seriously I do not know why I am just now discovering Athleta, every item is beyond comfortable. I also bought this skirt in Electric Purple recently and between the dress I got today and this skirt I know what I am going to wear every day this summer.
- Now that we’re in the middle of May, many of the TV shows have ended or are a week or so away from their season finales. I am one of those people who think that they should have ended the Office when Steve Carell left. I also thought the show this season was a little meh, however the last few episodes have actually been pretty good. Now that the writers have stopped messing with Jim and Pam and we’ve been seeing flashbacks of their romance on the show, I am realizing that I am going to miss my dose of Dunder Mifflin shenanigans on Thursday nights. How about you?
- When Ryan and I were at the nursery picking out flowers for a garden we also looked at some witch hazel trees. I’m thinking I would really like one because of their beautiful fall color. Does anyone have any experience with them? Is there a variety you recommend?
- Remember on Friday when I talked about Kellan’s sophisticated palate? I’m going to add edamame to the list. Last night when Ryan made us stirfry he made some edamame to go with it. Kellan ate pretty much the whole bag on his own. We couldn’t shell them fast enough for him. Too cute!
- I don’t own or buy a lot of specialized kitchen tools because I don’t have a lot of place to store them but am I glad I could make room for the OXO 3 -in-1 Avocado slicer that I got in my Big Traveling Potluck swag bag. Holy usefulness Batman! It pits, slices and scoops out the avocado. And when I say scoops out, I mean there is not any avocado left in the skin. If you love avocados like me, you want this in your kitchen.