Hot Crab Spinach Artichoke Dip
Decadent Hot Crab Spinach and Artichoke Dip is a must for parties this season! If you love spinach artichoke dip, you will love this version with crab!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped artichoke hearts
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 6 ounces fresh dungeness crab meat picked over for shells (you can substitute a 6oz can of crab meat)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Once butter melts add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
To the spinach add artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and crab meat. Stir to combine.
Butter a small casserole dish, spoon mixture into the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, stir and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Turn on the broiler and cook for 3-5 minutes or until top is browned and edges are bubbly.
Allow to cool slightly and serve with tortilla chips.
Keywords: appetizer, artichoke, baby spinach, Crab, Cream Cheese, Dip, dungeness crab, Food, hot dip, parmesan cheese, Recipe, snack, Spinach