Smoked Salmon Salad with Caper Vinaigrette
Perfect light meal of salmon, spinach and walnuts.
Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe:
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup shelled chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked salmon
- caper vinaigrette recipe below
- fresh cracked black pepper
Caper Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons nonpareil capers rinsed
- fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
In a bowl combine spinach, walnuts and salmon.
In another bowl combine all ingredients for caper vinaigrette. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Whisk once more to combine dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
Drizzle with a few tablespoons of caper vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if desired.
Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper over the top. Serve.
Keywords: capers, dijon mustard, dressing, Food, Recipe, salad, salad dressing, salmon, side dish, smoked salmon, Spinach, walnuts