Grilled Greek Flatbread Pizzas
Flatbread Pizzas that are loaded with lamb, feta, olives, tomatoes and capers.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices flat bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese pulsed in food processor
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon non-pareil capers rinsed
- chopped fresh oregano
Cook lamb in a skillet over medium heat just until it starts to brown. Add garlic, onions, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until lamb is cooked through.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Brush both sides of the flat bread with olive oil. Place flat bread on grill for 1 - 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Flip bread. Top each pita with 1/4 cup feta cheese, 1/4 of the cooked lamb, sprinkle with olives, tomatoes and capers. Cook 2 more minutes or until cheese starts to melt slightly.
Remove from grill, top with more feta, lettuce and fresh oregano. Slice and serve.
Keywords: greek, grill, lamb, pizza